Cow Care Program
Identifying the appropriate participants in our project plans is crucial to the success of our operations and the achievement of set goals. Our criteria for eligibility is as follows:
- Single farmer family unit (must be a member of the AOP)
- The family will be provided with six hand selected cows by Charaka, supported by one acre of irrigated land for fodder production
- The farmer should have a genuine love for his occupation and the ability to maintain his unit of six cows, working alongside his family members.
- Inputs like fodder seeds and planting material, fertilizers, etc., will be provided for each family unit.
- Animal health services including insurance coverage will be provided
- Charaka will arrange to buy milk from the farmers at a mutually beneficial price.